College Bowl Pick' Em 2006
- Congratulations again to Chris Williams. Twenty Two wins and 69% is
a high standard. Thank you to everyone who played, I hope you enjoyed
yourself and hope you will be back next year. Thanks especially to everyone
for paying so promptly. That makes everything run very smoothly. We
only have two or three delinquents to chase down this year.....
- Stats updated Here, thanks to Wes
- We have an early winner!! With two games remaining Chris Williams
has a three game lead. Congrats to Chris, the first ever two time winner.
So far he has an impressive 70% winning percentage.
- With three games to play Williams is maintaining his two game lead.
It looks like Brad Cohen, distinguished founder of this event, is the
only other one with a chance
- Chris Williams now has a two game lead with four to go. Looks like
he will be hard to catch.
- Chris Williams has taken the lead on his Boise pick
- Please note that scenarios
are now available
- With six games still to play we have two leaders at seventeen points,
Jeff Kowalczyk and Chris Williams. There are still three players lurking
one back and another three two back.
- Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Etc. I hope everyone had a good one.
We are now ten days in and for the first time have a standalone leader
in Dave Caldwell at eleven games out of twelve possible. Impressive.
He is getting pressed hard though as there are still 23 people within
three points. Today is moving day with five games.
- Some of you have not yet paid. Please do so
- Welcome to College Bowl Pick Em 2006. There are fifty four players
this year and that means you have each essentially purchased a lottery
ticket worth $4,050 with a one in fifty four chance in winning. That
is great, good luck.
As always all the information you need is found at www.hltiv.com.
You can go direct at http://www.hltiv.com/turbo/cf06/default.htm.
There is a lot of good information and the website will be updated
For those of you that have played before Wes Battle has been diligent
enough to provide some historical stats available below. For the newcomers,
I hope you will see how this is a longstanding and fun event, with
lots of player loyalty.
Payment. Interestingly enough Paypal has managed to detect that we
are running an office pool event and they are not completely pleased.
While it is entirely possible a Paypal agent is lurking in my bushes
as we speak, I believe they picked up on this based on the subject
line of payments sent, so if you plan on paying by Paypal please make
the payment as innocuous as possible (like "For LT" or something).
Thank you for those that have already paid, if you have not paid please
do so. I will be sending out reminders shortly.
Again, good luck! It is going to be fun.
LT & Wes & Brad
- Welcome to College Bowl Pick Em 2006. For those of you that have participated
in years poast welcome back. For newcomers, this is a great event and
I know you will enjoy it. There is no better way to become intimitely
involved in all the games. People often talk about the meaning of the
season around this time of year......and I am pretty sure they mean
College Bowl Season.
- Pick all 32 Bowl Games against the spread plus the tiebreak of your
top 5 best bets and predicted score of the Championship Game. You will
get 5 points for your 1st best bet, 4 pts for your 2nd.and 1 pt for
your 5th. In the event of a tie, the person with the most points wins.
If still tied, closest score wins.
- You will be able to track your standings daily on this website. The
first game is the San Diego Credit Union Poinsetta Bowl on Tuesday night
December 19th at 8:00 pm EST. That is the deadline for joining and payment
should be submitted upon completing your entry. One last note, if there
is a tie game (due to the spread, also known as a push) that counts
as a loss as far as the picking of best bets.
- The fee is $75 (or less than $3 per game, which netted the winner
last year $2,850) is payable to: firstname.lastname@example.org via paypal ($78 using
Paypal) with a debit or credit card. Or you can send a check snail mail
to Bradley Cohen: 516 S. Highland Ave. Apt. #31 Pittsburgh, PA 15206
- You can email me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- A quick note on corrections. Once you have made your
picks online you can not make changes. However, if you need to change
a pick you made, email me the details at firstname.lastname@example.org before the
deadline (No changes allowed after that) and I can make the change.